An interesting historical theory as asserted by Astro-Theologists
The "Son" of God is the "Sun" of God - By - Archaya S. www.truthbeknown.com
The reason these various narratives are so similar, with a godman who is killed or "crucified" and resurrected, who does miracles and has 12 companions or "disciples," is because these stories were based on the movements of the sun through the heavens, an astrotheological development that can be found throughout the world because the sun and the 12 zodiac signs can be observed around the globe. In other words, Jesus Christ and others upon whom this character is predicated are personifications of the sun, and the gospel fable is in large part merely a rehash of a mythological formula revolving around the movements of the sun through the heavens.
For instance, a number of the world's sacrificed, suffering or crucified godmen or sun gods have their traditional birthday on December 25th ("Christmas"). This motif represents the ancient recognition that (from a geocentric perspective in the northern hemisphere) the sun makes an annual descent southward until December 21st or 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops moving southerly for three days and then starts to move northward again.
During this time, the ancients declared that "God's sun" had "died" for three days and was "born again" on December 25th. The ancients realized quite abundantly that they needed the sun to return every day and that they would be in big trouble if it continued to move southward and did not stop and reverse its direction. Thus, these many different cultures celebrated the "sun of God's" birthday on December 25th. The following are the characteristics of the "sun of God"188
• The sun "dies" for three days on December 22nd, the winter solstice, when it stops in its movement south, to be born again or resurrected on December 25th, when it resumes its movement north. :
• In some areas, the calendar originally began in the constellation of Virgo, and the sun would therefore be "born of a Virgin."189
• The sun is the "Light of the World."
• The sun "cometh on clouds, and every eye shall see him."
• The sun rising in the morning is the "Savior of mankind."
• The sun wears a corona, "crown of thorns" or halo.190
• The sun "walks on water," describing its reflection.
• The sun's "followers," "helpers" or "disciples" are the 12 months and the 12 signs of the zodiac or constellations, through which the sun must pass annually.
• The sun at 12 noon is in the house or temple of the "Most High"; thus, "he" begins "his Father's work" at "age" 12.
• The sun enters into each sign of the zodiac at 30°; hence, the "Sun of God" begins his ministry at "age" 30.191
• The sun is hung on a cross or "crucified," which represents its passing through the equinoxes, the vernal equinox being Easter, at which time it is then resurrected.
We have everything to gain with this knowledge, & everything to lose by omitting it. With Global conflict, Apocalypse/Armageddon, martyrdom & religious fundamentalism going on unchallenged around the world, a little common sense to bring our feet back to earth could mean a sustainable future for us all.
"We sorely need a new History of Religions School for the 21st century, to apply modern techniques to this important ancient material. Perhaps this book will help bring that about."
Please feel free to look any of this information up on the Internet - there are hundreds of websites devoted to this knowledge. I thank Archaya S., an internationally known scholar, for this info. "Zeitgeist" part 1 video based on Acharya's work - www.zeitgeistmovie.com ; Part 2 concerns 9/11 and Part 3 is one of the best videos on American Banking and corruption I have ever seen. "The knowledge that the stories in the Bible are actually allegories rooted in Solar Mythology is nothing new. There is evidence that people were well aware of it at the time of the formation of the Catholic Church. There is also evidence that these people were eliminated by the Catholic Church and all books exposing the allegory were burned."
Solar Mythology Lesson # 1 - members.cox.net/deleyd/rel...th/day.html
Why were so many ancient gods born on December 25th, the winter solstice?
The December 25th birthday of the sun god is a common story worldwide, dating back at least 12,000 years, as reflected in winter solstice scenes recorded in caves.
Around the world beginning thousands of years ago, people have celebrated the birth of the god "Sol" (Sun) to the "Queen of Heaven," the "Celestial Virgin." The winter solstice has been celebrated in many places, from China to the Americas.
Ancient Greeks celebrated the birthday of Hercules and Dionysus on this date of December 25th. The "Christmas" festival was celebrated at Athens and was called "the Lenaea," during which time, apparently, "the death and rebirth of the harvest infant Dionysus were similarly dramatized."
This Lenaea festival is depicted in an Aurignacian cave painting in Spain (34,000-23,000 Before Present), with a "young Dionysus with huge genitals," standing naked in the middle of "nine dancing women." The Romans celebrated the famed festival of "Saturnalia" at this time.
The Greco-Syrian sun god Adonis was also born on December 25th, a festival "spoken of by Tertullian, Jerome, and other Fathers of the Church, who inform us that the ceremonies took place in a cave, and that the cave in which they celebrated his mysteries in Bethlehem, was that in which Christ Jesus was born."
Jesus the Son of God demonstrates the attributes of The Sun and the 12 signs of the Zodiac (the 12 apostles)